Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day 7 JF

DAY 7-- August 2, 2011
Today I consumed the nutrients from:


Vegetables:
+ 1 carrot
+ 2 leaves escarole
+ 1/2 c. green leaf lettuce
+ 3 large leaves kale
+ 1/2 c. spinach
+ 1 zucchini


Fruits:
+ 3 apples
+ 30 midnight beauty grapes
+ 4 peaches
+ 1/2 pineapple
+ 5 strawberries


So, I'm not sure where I came up with this name, but I have apparently been calling the midnight beauty grapes "midnight blue" grapes in my other post.  Some of you were probably all, "oooo, midnight blue grapes, they sound exotic and delicious".  Hopefully no one went to their local market to find them.  In all reality, probably no one even noticed the typo and I'm just flattering myself.  Am I right or am I right?
Today was probably the easiest day that I've had yet on my juice fast.  I remember reading somewhere that the first 3 days are the hardest, but after that it's a breeze.  I would dare to say the first 6 days are the hardest.  I'm pretty sure the reason today was easy is because I'm finally starting to make the mental shift into thinking that it's OK to not eat food.  What I mean by this is-- (and this is true of any diet or lifestyle plan) when you feel deprived it makes you more compulsive.  I have been sniffing my kids and husbands food fantasizing about when I'll be able to eat again.  But I'm finally starting to not miss food so much (mostly because I know that it's not forever).  Also, a little tidbit for anyone who is ever wanting to do a JF: make sure to drink juice before doing a Jackie Warner workout (my mother-in-law had the DVD, and it whopped my butt).  I was all sorts of shaky afterwards, but then I was fine after I had my juice.  Stay tuned for day 8.

1 comment:

Tiffany Haynes said...

You are so amazing and so inspirational! I totally want to do it! I worry about my milk supply though. Has yours been affected? We are going out of town this weekend but I will call you when we get back to talk about it with you.