Monday, August 8, 2011

Day 13 JF

DAY 13-- Augst 8, 2011
Today I consumed the nutrients from:

Vegetables:
+ 1 carrot
+ 1 cucumber
+ 2 green leaf lettuce leaves
+ 2 kale leaves

Fruits:
+ 1 kiwi
+ 2 peaches
+ 50 small-medium red grapes
+ 8 strawberries

Man, it seems like all my juicing posts are more like confessionals.  This morning when I was making the kids whole wheat muffins I may have sampled one or two finger fulls... or like, 6.  I think that in my very tired brain I justified it by thinking that if it's liquid it's not as bad.  Not that batter is "liquid" per-se, but you know what I'm talking about, right?
My dinner juice was cucumber-peach (which I must admit was a pleasant surprise).  Naturally after Jasper tasted it he stated his all-to-predictable, "yeah... yummy".  I told him the flavor he was tasting was cucumber.  What he said after that was too cute: "ummm.... tu-tumber".  Whatever kid, you're so adorable you can call it anything you want and I'll still be grinning from ear to ear.  Okay, so maybe cheek bone to cheek bone is a better comparison, because let's be realistic-- who grins from ear to ear?  Is that even possible?  If so, please send pictures to Jaidab@gmail.com.  (random tangent ends here)
Lessons learned today:
1.  Muffin batter is not juice no matter how good it tastes.
2.  Jasper's extra cute when he says "tu-tumber".
3.  I'm in love with my job as a stay-at-home-mom.
4.  I will be making a cucumber peach juice again. 

1 comment:

Bodell Family said...

Mmmm.... Peaches!! I love reading your blog! Makes me smile everytime :)