Sunday, August 7, 2011

Day 12 JF

DAY 12-- Augst 7, 2011
Today I consumed the nutrients from:

Vegetables:
+ 1 carrot
+ 4 larges leaves of kale

Fruits:
+ 3 apples
+ 60 midnight beauty grapes

Just looking at what I drank today you probably think I starved myself.  I kinda did.  Sundays are hard (as I mentioned last week).  We have church from 12pm-3 pm.  And then I'm always talking to people afterwards.  And don't even get me started on how long it takes to get 3 kids 4 & under into the car.  And, my fruit and veg supply is running out.  I'm overly-excited about grocery shopping tomorrow.  I mean, it's probably not normal to be this charged to buy produce.   
Today in church when I was taking the sacrament (you know, symbolism, the last supper and all that jazz) Ryan leans over to me and says, "you'd better write this bread in  your journal".  So I confess:  I ate a tiny crumb of white bread today in church.  Ohhhh, the shame!
We had a very unhealthy chicken enchilada casserole in our freezer that Ryan wanted to eat for dinner instead of the healthy meals that I've put in there.  I don't blame him.  I couldn't stand the fatty delicious smell of it cooking, so I decided to take a nap on the couch.  It was a good nap.  Until my little 2 1/2-year-old started jumping on me and saying, "Mommy, I wuv you".  I'm not gonna lie, I like me some lovin', but I don't like little 25-pound bodies jumping on me when I'm trying to sleep.  As for my dinner, Ryan made me a fruit juice slushy.  It was incredibly delicious.  Something about the icy texture was just what I needed.  Yet another thing I've learned about juicing-- sometimes it's fun to juice things and then blend the juice with ice.  I probably would have never thought to do that, so props go to the creative husband that I so sneakily snatched up 5+ years ago.


1 comment:

Greg and Tammy said...

WOW! What an adventure!! Thanks for sharing. Keep up all the healthy living.