Saturday, October 29, 2011

What the Bleep is Yo Gabba Gabba supposed to mean?

So, I'm not going to lie--the first time someone told me about Yo Gabba Gabba I wondered what kind of a parent would let their child watch a show named something that doesn't even make sense.  Insanity, I tell you!  Anyway, because we don't have TV, I find myself every so often letting my curiosity get the best of me and ending up at the youtube website not really knowing how I got there.  Next thing I know the phrase "Yo Gabba Gabba" is typed into the search box. My kids have this weird hearing problem--if I ask them to get dressed, pick something up, get their shoes on, or make their bed they can never hear me; but, if I whisper , "who wants dessert?" or get any kind of children's video up on the computer they appear in the room within seconds.  Does anyone else have children with this hearing-problem-bordering-on-super-power?  Anyway, I swear this is related to nutrition--I'm just getting to that, OK?  So, me and my kids found this video:

Party in my tummy

Although I may not agree with the first three food choices of chicken (most likely factory farmed), cheese, and fluorescent purple juice (that is made out of who knows what?), I really like this video.  Now, any time that my kids don't want to eat something, I'll say, "but they want to go to the party in your tummy".  Jasper almost always falls for it (hehe, sucker).  Maybe I should have issue with the fact that Brobee is eating things that talk can talk to him, and... that alone will probably give my kids food issues later in life, but it's still cute.  So, lesson for the day is this:
1.  Even though the show title is nonsensical, yo gabba gabba has some cute messages.
2.  Teach your kids to eat things that talk back to them (j/k, j/k, but I had to put this one in there)



1 comment:

Jeannette said...

That video was kinda freaky. You would think the carrots and green beans would have been quiet and lived to spend another day on this earth.

I love that Jasper is so gullible! It's part of what makes him so awesome. GREAT blog!